Overview: Brian and Tyler talk about the Kubernetes v1.10 release, new features and how they can apply to a broad set of application, security and infrastructure use-cases.
- (CNCF) Kubernetes 1.10: Stabilizing Storage, Security, and Networking
- (Red Hat / CoreOS) Kubernetes 1.10 is Here!
- (OpenShift Commons) OpenShift Commons Briefing: Kubernetes 1.10 Release Update with Cole Mickens and Stefan Schimanski (Red Hat)
- OpenShift 3.9 Released to GA
- How to use GPUs with Device Plugin in OpenShift 3.9 (Now Tech Preview!)
We discussed some of the new features (Stable, Beta and Alpha) from the Kubernetes 1.10 release. We don’t cover every new feature, but we tried to hit the highlights.
Topic 1 – API aggregation is stable
Topic 2 – Container Storage Interface (CSI) – Standardized Storage Support
Topic 3 – A replacement for kube-dns
Topic 4 – GPUs and Expanded support for Performance-Sensitive Workloads
Topic 5 – Pod Security Policy
Topic 6 – Adding Identity to Containers (not just pods)